We are all about supercharging tech-based businesses. But make no mistake – software development is just a part of what we do at Startup House. Our mission is to deliver all-around support for startups at all stages of development.
Our Development Team is growing and looking for fresh blood – we’re currently searching for an experienced Back-end Team Leader who'll guide our developers on their development path and lead development projects with success.
In this role, you will work both as a people manager and senior developer on projects with a time ratio of 30% for management and 70% for project-related work.
Do you want to boost your career as a manager and at the same time develop startup projects?
📍 Location: Remote/Warsaw Office (as you wish)
💰 Salary (PLN):
- 18 800 - 27 200 net + VAT (B2B)
- 15 500 - 22 500 gross (CoE)
How can you grow with us?
as a Team Leader:
- First of all, you’ll be able to work with a Full-stack team and you’ll be leading great specialists (up to 4–6 people). Are you a specialist only in Front-end or Back-end? Don’t worry and look at the next point!
- Additionally, you’ll work directly with our CTO and other managers from FE, BE as well as Full-stack, to improve your management skills and become an even better leader than you are so far,
- By implementing and executing OKRs in your department, you will have a real impact on the company,
- You will be supported by our HR team in your management role, so you won’t be left alone.
as a Senior Developer:
- Do you wonder what project you would join? Check out our previous projects: IoT mobile app for kids in Norway, an innovative LegalTech solution, or a HealthTech platform that helps fight the pandemic in Nigeria... and try to guess what exciting, brand-new project is waiting for you!
- You will work on various projects for clients of different backgrounds, both business- and consumer-targeted,
- You’ll gain wide experience in a multitude of industries and in various methods of work, both for exciting startups and established enterprises like Siemens or Toyota,
- Our fast-paced work environment guarantees rapid skill development,
- You will own your work and decide on the project’s direction.
What you’ll be responsible for?
as a Team Leader:
as a Senior Developer:
- You will lead a project team together with a dedicated PM, in order to create the best product possible,
- You’ll make sure that our products reach the highest level of quality, both in technical and business aspects,
- You will participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, designs, schedules, or potential problems.
What we’re looking for?
- Strong programming skills – you need to be a true senior,
- 3+ years of experience or proven track record of using Node.js on commercial projects,
- 1+ years of experience in a Team Leader or any other managerial role,
- Awareness and understanding of the entire development process,
- Knowledge of Lean, Agile processes, and Startup Development Phases.
- B2+ in English (preferably C1),
- A precise vision of your role within the company and team,
- Willingness to improve your skills in the field of team management,
- Proactivity and high level of organization of own work, with strong skills in time management and planning,
- Ability to see both the business and team side to create proper and working solutions,
- Great communication skills – especially the ability to listen and to communicate your thoughts clearly.
- Experience with Cloud solutions – GCP / AWS / Azure,
- Experience with some DevOps skills (CI / CD, Ansible, Kubernetes)
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility to work 100% remotely or from our office in Warsaw
- 20 days of paid break per year on a B2B contract
- Growth-driven culture: learning budget for every team, knowledge-sharing initiatives, individual career paths, and regular evaluation of your development
- Startup approach, which means international teams, many greenfield projects, and gaining hands-on experience at every stage of the product development cycle
- Freedom to choose the best tools and tech to achieve your team’s goals
- Trustworthy devices - we work on MacBooks
- Basics: Multisport card possibilities and private healthcare package
Do you want to boost your career as a manager and at the same time develop startup projects? Write to us, call us, join us and let's make some startups grow! 🚀