We are all about supercharging tech-based businesses. But make no mistake – software development is just a part of what we do at Startup House. Our mission is to deliver all-around support for startups at all stages of development.
Our Development Team is growing and looking for fresh blood – we’re currently searching for an experienced Node.js Team Leader who'll guide our developers on their development path and lead development projects with success.
In this role, you will work both as a people manager and senior developer on projects with a time ratio of approx. 30% for management and 70% for project-related work.
Do you want to boost your career as a manager and at the same time develop startup projects?
📍 Location: Remote/Warsaw Office (as you wish)
💰 Salary (PLN):
- 18 800 - 27 200 net + VAT (B2B)
- 15 500 - 22 500 gross (CoE)
How can you grow with us?
as a Team Leader:
- First of all, you’ll be able to work with a Full-stack team. You’ll be leading great specialists (up to 4–6 people) and supporting their careers. Are you a specialist only in Back-end? Don’t worry and look at the next point!
- Additionally, you’ll work directly with our Head of Development - Marek and other managers from FE, BE as well as other Full-stack teams, to improve your management skills and become an even better leader than you are so far,
- By implementing and executing OKRs in your department, you will have a real impact on the company,
- You will be supported by our HR team in your management role, so you won’t be left alone.
as a Senior Developer:
- You will work on various projects for clients of different backgrounds, both business- and consumer-targeted.
- Do you wonder what project you would join? Check out our previous projects: a powerful cyber risk mitigation platform, a Norwegian eco-friendly start-up or something just as exciting!
- Our internal knowledge-sharing initiatives guarantee rapid skill development.
- You’ll gain wide experience in a multitude of industries and in various methods of work, both for exciting startups and established enterprises like Siemens.
- You will own your work and decide on the project’s direction.
What you’ll be responsible for?
as a Team Leader:
- You will lead one of the best Development teams (at the beginning of 2023, we were highlighted in the prestigious Forbes Diamonds ranking),
- Together with our Head of Development and HR team, you’re going to define the needs of your team and participate in the recruitment process,
- You will work on implementing tools to motivate and improve the satisfaction of the current team members,
- You will conduct periodic performance reviews with your team members to share feedback and help them grow.
as a Senior Developer:
- You will lead a project team together with a dedicated PM, in order to create the best product possible,
- You’ll make sure that our products reach the highest level of quality, both in technical and business aspects,
- You are going to take care of quality standards in TS development,
- You will participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, designs, schedules, or potential problems.
What we’re looking for?
- Strong programming skills – you need to be a true senior,
- 3+ years of experience or proven track record of using Node.js and Nest.js on commercial projects,
- Strong interest in DDD & clean architecture,
- Awareness and understanding of the entire development process,
- Knowledge of Lean, Agile processes, and Startup Development Phases.
- C1+ in English - we work internationally so it’s a must,
- 1+ years of experience as a Team Leader or any other managerial role,
- A precise vision of your role within the company and team,
- Willingness to improve your skills in the field of team management,
- Proactivity and high level of organization of own work, with strong skills in time management and planning,
- Ability to see both the business and team side to create proper and working solutions,
- Great communication skills – especially the ability to listen and communicate your thoughts clearly.
- Experience with Java,
- CQRS and Event Store experience,
- Experience with Cloud solutions – GCP / AWS / Azure,
- Experience with some DevOps skills (CI / CD, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes),
- Interest in other programming languages like Go, Rust, Zig.
Let’s talk about benefits and perks:
- Flexible working hours,
- Possibility to work 100% remotely or from our office in Warsaw,
- 20 days of paid break per year on a B2B contract,
- Growth-driven culture: knowledge-sharing initiatives, individual career paths, and regular evaluation of your development,
- Startup approach, which means international teams, many greenfield projects, and gaining hands-on experience at every stage of the product development cycle,
- Freedom to choose the best tools and tech to achieve your team’s goals,
- Trustworthy devices - we work on MacBooks,
- Basics: Multisport card possibilities and private healthcare package.
Write to us, call us, join us and let's make some startups grow! 🚀